Visited every day by thousands of people taking countless pictures, the Walk of Fame is paved with five-pointed pink stars that make up one of Los Angeles' most iconic areas.
The most famous stretch of Hollywood Boulevard features nearly 2,400 stars honouring celebrities with their names engraved on them.
Since the installation of the stars, four of them have been stolen. Two of them were found later but the other two were completely destroyed.
Types of stars
The Walk of Fame has different star categories:
- Camera: Contribution to the film industry.
- Television: Contribution to the television industry.
- Gramophone: Contribution to the music industry.
- Microphone: Contribution to the radio industry.
- Mask: Contribution to the theatre industry.
Stars that shine in a special way
The Hollywood Walk of Fame features thousands of stars of well-known personalities. Here are some worth highlighting:
- The first star was awarded in 1960 to the American actress Joanne Woodward.
- At the crossroads between Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street, you can see special stars that pay tribute to the astronauts of Apollo 11.
- Another interesting case is that of the two stars with the name of Harrison Ford. One of them pays tribute to a silent film actor from the 50s and the other to the well-known actor of today.
- Among the most unique stars is that of Mohamed Ali, who asked that his star not be placed on the floor for religious reasons, so it was placed on the wall at 6801 Hollywood Blvd.