Necessary Documentation

Necessary Documentation

Find out what documentation you need to travel to the US depending on your country of origin and whether you need a visa to travel to Los Angeles.

There are three different types of visa for the United States: a temporary visa (for tourists), a green card (for permanent residence), and student visas. In this section, we'll explain how to apply for the tourist visa. For other types of visas, you should contact the US Embassy in your respective country.

British and Australian Citizens

British and Australian passport holders can visit the United States for up to 90 days on the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP), as long as they hold a valid passport for the duration of their stay.

When you enter the country, you'll be required to fill out the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) form online at least 72 hours before you travel.

Other Countries Included in the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP)

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan.

Note: Citizens of countries not included in the above list must apply for a visa before travelling to the United States. We recommend contacting the US Embassy in your country for more information. 

More Information

For more information, we recommend visiting the official US Department of State website: