Los Angeles is one of the most expensive cities to live in in the United States due to house prices and rent, especially in sought-after areas such as Hollywood.
Despite what you may think, Los Angeles isn't an expensive or unaffordable city for tourists, as you can find prices tailored to all budget sizes.
Here are some examples of prices so you can set yourself an approximate budget:
- Metro and bus ticket: $1.75.
- 7-day metro pass: $25.
- Monthly metro pass: $75.
- Hot dog from a street stall: $2.50.
- Slice of pizza: $3.50.
- Restaurant meal: Not including wine, from $30.
- Double room in a central hotel: From $120 per night.
- Taxi ride from the airport: Around $40 - $60 depending on the location of the hotel.
- Tickets to museums and monuments: Around $12 - $15 (some are free entry).
- Go Los Angeles Card: From $77.